Sales Tax: 10.45% (subject to change)
We do request a two-night minimum stay. We try to work in one night stays whenever possible.
PLEASE - No overnight guest additions upon arrival. Cancellations or changes made upon arrival will not be accepted and reservation will be charged as originally made. Our housekeeping cottages do not have daily maid service. All linens and kitchen items are furnished. Towels can be exchanged upon request. All cottages have private bathrooms with shower. Iris, Bluebird, and Wood Lily have tub/shower combination baths. Our cottages do not have telephones, so please bring your cell phone.
Deposit and Cancellation Policies
: Online reservations: 50% of your total reservation will be charged to your credit card when you make your reservation.Cancellations
: We have a $50 cancellation fee per cottage for each reservation. Refund of your deposit, minus the $50, is guaranteed if the reservation is canceled at least 30 days prior to the arrival date. Reservations that are canceled within 30 days of scheduled arrival date will result in forfeit of the entire deposit. For families renting more than one cottage, there is a 60-day cancellation notice, and a $100 cancellation fee per cottage reserved if canceled more than 60 days in advance. Sorry, NO refunds for early departures.
Very Important Note
We strive to depict our cottages and location exactly as it is. We are NOT "in the forest","secluded", "remote" or "on the river." We are, however, on a quiet residential road, yet near amenities and about as close to the main gate to RMNP as you can get. We also have spectacular Continental Divide views from our property. That being said, if you arrive and find it is not "how you imagined" (see above), you will be responsible for your whole stay.
Personal checks may be used for advance deposits only. Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and debit cards are accepted for your balance due upon arrival.
Our Cottages are Cozy. Please note the number of people allowed in each cottage. These numbers include adults and children. We ourselves come from large families and we love seeing families at Colorado Cottages, but our cottages are historic and quite small. We need to protect our cottages so our future guests will enjoy them. Timberline, for example, has been on our property for over 100 years! We want to protect it so it will be around another 100 years!
Please note that these are the maximum numbers of occupants that will be accepted in each cottage. If you arrive with more guests or additional guests, we will have to ask some of your party to find additional accommodations.
- Timberline: 2 people (including children)
- Iris: 2 people (including children)
- Bluebird: 2 adults, 1 child/teenager
- Wood Lily: 2 people (including children
- Indian Paintbrush: 2 people (including children)
- Wild Rose: 2 adults, 2 children/teenagers
- Hummingbird: 2 adults, 2 children/teenagers
- Chickadee: 2 adults, 2 children/teenagers
- Columbine: 4 people (including children)
- Longs Peak: 4 people maximum (including children)
- Bears' Den: 5 people maximum (including children)
After 3 p.m.
By 10 a.m.
All Cottages are Non-Smoking
We ask that smokers be considerate of their neighbors and smoke away from any open windows. If anyone smokes inside the cottage, they are liable for the cost of returning the cottage to non-smoking status and for any loss of business incurred, which could amount to a minimum of $50 up to $500.
- Dogs are allowed in the following cottages: #1 Iris, #2 Bears' Den, #3 Bluebird, #4 Wood Lily, #5 Columbine, #7 Indian Paintbrush, #8 Wild Rose, #9 Hummingbird, #10 Timberline, and #11 Chickadee.
- Dogs are not allowed in #6 Longs Peak.
- Additional fee: $15 for each dog for each night of your stay
- Keep in mind that most of Rocky Mountain National Park doe's not allow dogs. Other areas, like the National Forests, welcome dogs, but we suggest that you research which dog-friendly trails you want to take while planning your trip.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at ALL times and pick up after your dog. We can provide additional bags. Just ask!
- Dogs must be housebroken and at least 6 months old.
- Since we have wildlife on our property, do not leave your dog unattended outside our cottage.
- Please bring water and food bowls for your dogs.
- Additional sheets can be provided to cover the cottage furniture. Please ask! We're happy to provide extra sheets for you!
- If you do not abide by these rules, you may be asked to leave the property. We don't want to do that to you, but we need to make sure that you respect our fellow guests, the cottage, and the wildlife on our property.
Group Reunions & Weddings
Our property is not ideal for weddings, family reunions, or large groups because it is small. Most of our cottages are for couples looking to wake up early and hit the trails. That said, it is possible that our cottages could work for your retreat or larger party—just give us a call first at your earliest convenience. We just want to make sure that you will be comfortable on our property and that the right cottages to accommodate your group are available—and that our other guests will also have a great stay! Any group rentals for weddings, reunions, or larger groups require additional non-refundable deposits.
Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)